This past weekend we said farewell to summer and welcomed fall with open arms. Cooler weather (maybe?), pumpkin pie, falling leaves, and of course a new hair care routine are on the horizon. As your favorite San Diego hair salon we would like to share a few tips to keep your hair looking great in this new season.
1. Clarify: Even though summer is over it may still be lingering in your hair in the form of build up from chlorine, beach sprays, and sunscreen. A good clarifying shampoo can help you wipe the slate clean and rid your hair of all these unwanted mementos of summer. We love Unite Weekender shampoo. It clarifies without removing hair’s natural oils, while giving it a protein boost that strengthens.
2. Deep Condition: Okay so we say this every season but it is so important that we want to remind you again. As the weather dries out don’t let your hair dry out with it. Make time for a weekly mask like Unite U Luxury Intense Mask. Repair the summer damage and protect hair from the new autumn elements, Santa Ana winds are coming.
3. Condition Some More: If you don’t already use a leave in conditioner fall is definitely the time to start. Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream is a great go to product. It replenishes moisture, soften hair, adds shine, and tames frizz, what more could you ask for?
4. Trim time: Whether you are looking for a new style completely or just a little trim now is the time to see your hairdresser. A cut big or small is always a great way to start off a new season. Remove those dreaded split ends and freshen up your hair and your look.
5. Volumize: Dry weather can leave your hair flat and lifeless so make sure you pump up the volume. Oribe has a new spray on the market that will help you do just that, Thick Dry Finishing Spray. Spray on styled hair to add thickness and give you big, beautiful bombshell hair.