This time of year with the warmer weather and flowers blooming everywhere screams for romantic and whimsical hairstyles for those special occasions or weekend outings. Braids and messy buns are great go to styles and here is a simple variation that we found that we just love: the rope braid chignon
- Blow your hair out all the way, spray hair all over with Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray and tease slightly at the roots (to add even more texture and romance to the look use a curling iron and wrap curl your hair).
- Do a rope/french braid on one side by grabbing two strands of hair near your scalp. hold them loosely in your hands. Twist both strands in the same direction and then twist them once around each other in the opposite direction. Add a bit more hair to the now-front strand and repeat the entire process, twisting the front strand by itself and then around with the back strand in the opposite direction, and continue in the same fashion adding more hair. Pin it in place using a large supportive bobby pin.
- Then rope/french braid the other side.
- Lightly tease the hair in back. This will give volume to the bun portion of your chignon.
- Pull all of your hair to one side and twist it the same direction you’ve twisted the rope braid.
- Pin it in place as you go. When you get to the ends, tuck and pin them.
- Gently tug at your rope braid to loosen up the look and make it a bit more romantic.
- At this point, you should pull out any small whispy pieces you’d like.
- Do a final veil of hairspray with Oribe Superfine Hairspray and you are ready to go.