Braids are a quick, easy, and stylish way to do your hair. The fishtail braid is a little spin on the classic and I feel that it looks great slightly messy, so on days you don’t want to spend the time to blow out your hair it is a great go to look. Here is how you do it:
1. I like to start by adding some texture into the hair with Oribe’s Apres Beach. This will give some nice wave to the hair, and help you achieve that tousled looked.
2. Then gather your hair in the desired location like you would a regular braid but instead of dividing into three sections you only need two equal sections.
3. Hold both sections in one hand separated by your index finger.
4. With your other hand take a small piece of hair from the outside of one section of hair, cross it over and add it to the inside of the other section.
5. Repeat this alternating sides as you go and then fasten at the bottom.
6. If you want even more of a messy look, pull some pieces out and pull down on the top of the braid a little to loosen it. Spray with a little hairspray for hold and you are done.